Sentient Solutions is a rapidly growing accounting outsourcing firm with clients across the United States. Sentient’s highly experienced team of experts based in the US, India, and Mexico offer fully customized solutions to suit the specific business needs of CPA Firms. With AI, process automation, and a suite of scalable services, we promise success to CPA firms.
External Audit Department
Are you detail-oriented with keen observation, an eye for detail, and like to document your work? At Sentient, we provide audit services using an approach designed to incorporate the flexibility to serve our client’s unique circumstances and complexities. With Sentient Audit Team, you’ll identify risks of material misstatements that may be presented in the financial statements and design procedures to mitigate such risks. In doing so, you’ll need to understand the client’s business, evaluate the business and operational risks, and its internal control processes. Determining the risks and procedures will have to consider the nature of the business, the industry it operates in, and the entity’s size.
Our team culture is open and collaborative, encouraging team members to take the initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. We also have opportunities for our team to work on cross-skilled projects, including but not limited to due diligence, acquisition assistance, and technical accounting. Quality of the work and documentation is our top priority. By focusing on tools, functionalities, and automation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients.
Work you’ll do
You’ll use your knowledge and analytical mindset to audit client financials, transactions, and internal control processes. You’ll work independently and collaborate with a diverse group of talented audit professionals to deliver exceptional audit client service delivery.
Position Summary – EBP
Work From Office – 2 PM – 11 PM Shift
The Audit Senior position will involve collaboration and coordinating a team of outsourced audit staff, making and building relationships with the firm, and providing feedback to the manager for improvements and streamlining processes. The audit team will be responsible for quality and timeliness deliverables as part of our Employee Benefit Plans. Serve as our client’s primary point of contact for the engagements assigned. Manage a group of junior team members and actively coach the teams on EBP concepts. The candidate is expected to have good interpersonal skills that help in team building and developing good relationships with our clients.
B.Com/ M.Com/ MBA (Finance)/ CA/ CMA/CPA with minimum 2+ years of relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Execute/ review audit procedures based on discussions with the clients.
- Effectively distribute work to staff, and review their work, ensuring high quality and appropriateness of testing.
- Regularly provide written and verbal on-the-job feedback to the team members.
- Effectively prioritize and manage work for each client.
- Communicate status to keep the client updated on the progress.
- Utilizing specific audit tools to deliver audit work.
- Cognizant of current market updates in the Employee Benefit Plan industry.
- Work with clients to manage scheduled audit engagements.
- Monitor and report engagement budget to actual and advise engagement manager of possible overruns.
- Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) Audits, handling teams of 2 to 5 members, coaching team members on EBP concepts, and having strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong academic track record
- Proven skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Work closely with clients to understand the audit requirements, the risks of material misstatement, and their internal controls.
- Audit areas of the client’s financial statements, including transactions and internal controls
- Perform analysis on client data and document testing procedures performed.
- Coordinate and manage staff on engagements, working with the reporting manager and/or the CPA Firm to prioritize project tasks and utilize staff to meet client deadlines.
- Experience working independently on multiple assignments or engagements, even in a virtual environment.
- Effectively supervise and execute audit engagements in accordance with all relevant professional standards (GAAS, quality control, and ethical) and Firm policies.
- Develop staff skills through supervision, coaching, mentoring, and assignment of challenging work opportunities.
- Work with the reporting manager in addressing client escalations.
- Understand the onboarding requirements and timelines from the manager for new services and/or projects within the engagement.
- Spot errors during reviews and suggest ways to improve process efficiency and client delivery.