Sentient Solutions is a rapidly growing accounting outsourcing firm with clients across the United States. Sentient’s highly experienced team of experts based in the US, India, and Mexico offer fully customized solutions to suit the specific business needs of CPA Firms. With AI, process automation, and a suite of scalable services, we promise success to CPA firms.
The HR department plays a crucial role in supporting our overall goals and objectives. As a critical function within the company, the HR team is responsible for attracting, hiring, and retaining top talent, managing employee relations, administering benefits and compensation programs, and ensuring compliance with all relevant labor laws and regulations. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of HR policies and procedures, and a passion for helping employees reach their full potential.
Our client service and operations team inculcates an open, collaborative culture that encourages team members to take the initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our team has opportunities to work on cross-skilled projects, including Audits, CAS, Tax services, and more. Quality of the work and documentation is our top priority. By focusing on tools, functionalities, and automation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients.
Work You’ll Do
The role will provide employee and frontline manager support to Operating teams across Tax, Audit, CAS, and leadership teams. The candidate will be responsible for making Sentient a great place to work – even as we grow rapidly.
Position Summary – AVP – HR
Work From Office – 2 PM – 11 PM Shift
- Degree in Human Resources with about 10-12 years of relevant work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; high-quality document and report preparation
- Proven ability to successfully work as a team member and to build and maintain a positive work environment across the network
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Proven skill in operating and utilizing software such as Microsoft Office, HR systems and tools, etc.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and work through multiple demanding priorities with composure and resilience.
- Ability to analyze organization and individual needs and create the most cost-effective strategy to meet them
- Experience in dealing/managing with the contingent workforce will be an advantage.
- Proven understanding of the role and functions of a human resource office within an operations structure
- Proven ability to use creative problem-solving and initiative in carrying out tasks
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and organize workload to ensure that short timelines are met while having frequent interruptions
- Exposure to employment laws and a good understanding of HR Policies and frameworks
- Excellent presentation & coaching skills
- Ability to influence and drive initiatives with Global Business Teams.
- Design, deliver and constantly improve our onboarding programs for the business to guarantee a positive employee experience from Day 01
- Ideate and establish a talent supply roadmap, including campus placements, internships, lateral and executive hiring
- Create a robust performance management strategy in line with business imperatives and implement the same across teams, including providing necessary support/ coaching to front-line people managers on performance management exception cases.
- Partner with leadership teams to work through compensation strategy and implement the same across teams.
- Partner with leadership teams to ensure that people processes are continuously reviewed and streamlined
- Act as the local expert on requests that are site-specific, like policies and labor law changes
- Manage employee engagement programs linked to employee aspirations and Business vision.
- Looking out for employees’ interest in their personal growth
- Developing a relationship with employees as their confidant for matters that affect their work performance.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to drive the Data-to-Decision process and support managers with an action plan to drive improvements via periodic HR dashboards on key metrics, including retention, engagement, and performance. Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlight trends, and recommend/drive solutions as appropriate.
- Support the Talent Management process, developing toolkits and communications that help managers to be self-sufficient.
- Support and coach front-line managers for career development conversations
- Become the culture champion for Sentient
- Act as the knowledge manager for people processes, including ideation, implementation, documentation, and continuous review for improvement
- Drive employee off-boarding process seamlessly to ensure business continuity and good alumni relations.