Sentient Solutions is a rapidly growing accounting outsourcing firm with clients across the United States. Sentient’s highly experienced team of experts based in the US, India, and Mexico offer fully customized solutions to suit the specific business needs of CPA Firms. With AI, process automation, and a suite of scalable services, we promise success to CPA firms.
We at Sentient bring you a targeted approach and data-driven insights, engaging a variety of Tax services. Tax compliance should not burden our clients, so we use an appropriate blend of talent and technology to offer tax services that enable our clients to focus their time and efforts on their business. We provide CPA firms in the US with a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help produce quality deliverables and excellence in the field.
Our Team consists of highly skilled and experienced Tax professionals who bring value to the organization and are passionate about building trusting, long-lasting business relationships to help our clients respond with agility, address challenges, manage risks and realize new opportunities.
Sentient Solutions for Accounting offers a broad range of tax services by combining technology and tax technical resources. We will provide you with the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to succeed in your career. We work on US Corporate Tax, Partnership Tax, Individual Tax, and Trusts.
Corporate Tax Team
Opportunity to work with US-based clients to provide tax compliance services, including tax return preparation and taxable income computation.
Our team culture is open and collaborative, encouraging team members to take the initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. We also have opportunities for our team to work on cross-skilled projects, including tax filings. Quality of the work and documentation is our top priority. By focusing on tools, functionalities, and automation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients.
Work you’ll do
You’ll use your knowledge and analytical mindset to prepare and/or review the tax returns and help build the client-specific information base. You’ll work independently and collaborate with a diverse group of talented tax professionals to deliver exceptional tax client service delivery.
Position Summary – Tax Senior
Work From Office – 2 PM – 11 PM Shift
As a US TAX Senior, you will be part of a team of US Tax Return preparers, helping to prepare the business tax returns based on the assignments.
- 3+ years of prior tax return preparation work experience; 2+ years of experience in US Federal Tax – Corporate and Partnership Returns – Forms 1120, 1120-S, and 1065.
- Enrolled Agent or other appropriate certification (or in the process if pursuing).
- CA/CPA/MBA (Finance) or an equivalent master’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Prior Big 4 experience or equivalent Experience.
- Software skills – like CCH and Ultratax would be a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of US accounting principles, IRS, internal regulations of US GAAP
- Ability to multi-task tax engagements, track the status across all engagements, and drive their completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to communicate with professionals within the organization and with clients effectively.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills to break down complex issues and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Strong academic track record.
- Demonstrate working independently and managing multiple assignments.
- Preparation/ Review of Individual federal tax return and state tax returns
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance. A thorough review of documents and application of any changes in tax rates and tax laws for US tax return preparation
- Ability to identify any technical issues on the engagements and bring them to the notice of the lead to reach the desired resolution. Able to transfer the income, expenses, assets, and liabilities into a tax return format to ensure that the Book-To-Tax Reconciliation is properly prepared and balanced.
- Able to successfully navigate Tax Technology used for tax returns.
- Utilize available tax technical resources to enhance US tax knowledge. Attentive participation in US Corporate Tax training modules and job training. Contribute to team discussions and share knowledge for the benefit of the group.
- Attention to detail, deadline-oriented, and able to manage time. Responsible for self-reviewing deliverables before handing them to the Senior / Assistant Manager.
- Understands individual and team roles as well as based on responsibilities and objectives. Understand assignment instructions and applies them as directed; seek guidance when needed.
- Respects and maintains confidentially of client, staff, and firm information.
- Ensure client KPIs are consistently met concerning quality and budgets to ensure minimal escalations.